December 06, 2012

New York Diary

Two Loves. Theater and Shoes.

I know the ordeal of having to look at other people's travel pictures. But I am travelling, so you'll have to grin and bear it. Its all about the reciprocation, you know!  So far, I have been to the glitziest place in the world-Yes, I'm talking about Times Square! Somewhere deep down there is a joy in having a hundred LCDs flashing colourful advertisements at you, and all in all, I would say the experience was..overwhelming? But the stores there were good. Really good.

Im crazy about the houndstooth pattern this winter!




Streaming Sunlight

Complete coincidence that these two walked past.

More Streaming Sunlight-Do you know how good the bright sun feels on a cold winter day?


Challenge: Spot my favourite store.

Your's truly, too pink in her opinion.





Street Art on Broadway
These are actually clocks, looked really cute with the tails of all kitties and doggies wagging in unison! 

These pictures are a mix between urban landscapes, trees with pretty leaves, and peoplewatching. I have here, 14 out of 100, so yes, you are welcome:P

The trees against glass fronted skyscraper-I see an interesting pattern!


Blue


After all, when your'e travelling alone, the little pleasures of the day are the cup of coffee and a solitary place to rest your mind a little bit. Which is why after a chaotic half-day at Times Square, I headed out to Bryant Park on 5th Avenue. All the pictures with the leaves and trees are from there, by the way.





Any suggestions as to what I should see in NYC? I have an unlimited metro card at my disposal and lots of time on my hands!:)



Love,
Shubhi!

21 comments:

SR said...

wow!! lovely pics!! looks like really exciting!! just curious, y u travelling alone??!
http://pineapple-ish.blogspot.com.au/

ThefashionFlite said...

So in love with all the shots, u capture them so beautiful(high definition is the word )lol.. Love ur all pink attire too !
✿thefashionflite
✿twitter
✿Bloglovin


Keit said...

I actually love travel photos, maybe because I dont travel that much :-D

Shreya J said...

There can never be too much pink ;)

Eliza Pellicone said...

love these photos ;) compliments!
I like your blog,would You like to follow each other ? just let me know dear :)
XO MP

Rocío Escudero said...

God, all this photos are amazing!

http://velvet-lightning.blogspot.com/

Isha said...

MY MY! I'm in LOVE with all the pictures. Especially the first one. :)

Looks like you had a great time!

jiisha.blogspot.in

Unknown said...

Love these pictures and Ny of course!

Marisa Noelle said...

Pretty pretty shots of the Big Apple :) I love the energy of Times Square but I totally agree that it's very overwhelming and being a person that dislikes large crowds, it actually freaked me out the very first time I was there. New York is great though and it looks and sounds like you are having such a lovely time! xoxo Marisa

Urban Mantra said...

Nice pictures! I live not too far from Times Square! Sounds like you're having a great time. I have tons of ideas of what you can do around the city. Maybe you should visit Columbus Circle (take the N,R, 1, or 2 train there. Walk around the Time Warner building which has really nice stores and boutiques. Then right outside the building, there is an amazing food cart - Wafles & Dinges. You have to try it! Then wander over to Central Park just across the street :)

RENEW-IT said...

Beautiful Pictures. I used to stay in NJ a year back. Seeing this pictures I am so missing NY right now!

Sudeshna said...

Girl, I love that pink overcoat. I mean even though it's pink, it's not that ugh type girlie pink that I hate!
Following u up.
Great blog ya! :)

Sudeshna said...

Girl, I love that pink overcoat. I mean even though it's pink, it's not that ugh type girlie pink that I hate!
Following u up.
Great blog ya! :)

Vix said...

I never tire of travel pictures and your's are just wonderful. I adore your pink outfit! x

Project Curve said...

are you kidding?this is new york i am getting to see through your eyes..keep them coming!

deebsblog said...

Amazing pictures.
Wish I could visit NYC right now.

Btw, I'm hosting a Firmoo Giveaway on my blog, maybe you would like to participate. Chances to win are pretty high: http://deebiku.blogspot.ro/2012/12/international-firmoo-giveaway.html

Viola said...

So so beautiful photos!! Love!

caughtinvogue.blogspot.com
xx Viola

Ksenia said...

great post!

Pajama Diaries said...

Pink is never too much! Come back fast then i have something to tell you.

Joanna said...

Amazing pics!<3

Sweetie I liked your fanpage on Facebook.
I hope you could do the same for me:)
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Joannas-Secret/238590149583275?ref=ts&fref=ts

Kisses:*

Jeff @ Manhattan student housing said...

Big city adventures with our Manhattan travel guide. New York Inns is also near a variety of restaurants, shopping, cultural adventures and much more. For an in-depth look at nearby attractions, explore our New York City visitor's guide best for Manhattan student housing.