June 05, 2013

Midweek Inspiration

For a change, I have decided to catch up on some reading this week. Besides re-reading some old classics, I'm digging into fashion magazines too! I recently found an old issue of Vogue in the library, which is their 5th Anniversary issue (October 2012) and boy, isn't it gorgeous? Its like this thick *makes a width-indicating gesture* and is so heavy that I can't read it lying down, because I cannot hold it up! It is amazingly full of fashion and art inspiration too!


For me, Fashion and Art are interchangeable. I derive most of my artistic inspiration from Fashion, and vice-versa! Which is why I particularly cherish this issue of W, which I picked up in New York last winter!

On a separate note about my fashion magazine reading habits, I always seem to read them a season too late, and I cannot care less. I always leaf through them for design and fashion inspiration, and not really for trends. Well, I have my fellow bloggers to update me on them! 

Anyway, here is a super-artistic fashion spread from Vogue. A little research later, I found out that Saira Wasim, the artist, specializes in Mughal Miniature Paintings with a modern twist. The outfits in the paintings are all copies of actual clothes by designers!





Now reading:
_________________________
Age of Innocence-Edith Wharton
W-Fashion meets Art
October'12 Vogue!
Saffronart Catalogue

Hope you'll are having a fabulous week. Will be back with an outfit post,  soon!

Love,
Shubhi!


6 comments:

Aditi SoSaree said...

Fantastic pics..!
N i cant help but notice the polka dot bedsheet..too cute.

Aditi
So-Saree
www.sosaree.blogspot.in

Vix said...

Saira Wasim's work is absolutely incredible. I'd have those on my wall like a shot! xxx

bianca said...

great inspirational pics!!

xx
http://www.worryaboutitlaterr.blogspot.com

SS said...

Such a lovely post Shubhi, really inspiring..
xoxo <3

www.littlemisssinner.com
www.youtube.com/MsShanayaSinner

Unknown said...

loving all these inspirations!

Unknown said...

Good collection of pics.


Devi
Online shopping in India