January 30, 2013

Not Exactly Me

As you know, i'm a more flowers, beads and lose flowy tops kind of a person. And if you are new here, you can jump right back to my previous post and see it for yourself! But when I got invited by a friend to be a part of the Mumbai Royal Enfield Republic Day Rally, I knew I had to play the part! So I geared up, jacket, boots, helmet and all.


And it turned out to be awesome fun. There were a huge number of bikers from all over the city, waving their banners and sporting the Tricolour flag!

Photo from Facebook












Its too hot to wear leather in Mumbai, I wouldn't dream of it...so I did the best I could. This striped jacket is one of my favourite pieces, I last wore it here
As for the boots, they are my love. I spent a month walking miles in them in Manhattan, and they are super comfortable!

Striped Jacket: Forever 21
Blue Tee-Banana Republic
Boots-Aerosoles



Are you a bikes and studs and tatoos kind of  a person? What would you wear to a bike rally? Do let me know in the comments!

Love,
Shubhi!

16 comments:

Alexandra Zakharova said...

U look amazing! Lovely jacket)) Great pictures as well!
Have a fabulous time!

Best wishes, Alexandra
www.svetusvet.blogspot.com

seraphicgirl said...

Shubhi! I love your striped jacket. I have been in love with bikes and jeeps all my life. For an occasion such as this I would have worn calf high boots (which have a platform heel) and a tank top. Also I would steal that jacket of yours ;)

Your helmet is damn cute-like that of Kalki in That girl in yellow boots-absolutely adore it!

Vix said...

I'd loved to have been at The Royal Enfield rally! I love those bikes, one of my favourite things (of which there of many) I love seeing in India.
Yopur outfit is fab, cool and edgy and the perfect alternative to leather! I'm wearing leather today but it's 25 degrees cooler in England! xxx

Adriana Carmen said...

thanks for your comment! you look lovely!
how about following each other?
XOXO
Adrielle
http://dailyfashiondream.blogspot.com

Parisian Fairytale said...

I loove this outfit so much ! and you look amazing btw :)
xo
parisian-fairytale.blogspot.fr

bianca said...

lovely outfit :)
like you "other" sthyle too, but this also really suits you

x
http://worryaboutitlaterr.blogspot.com

SR said...

Looking gr8! U indeed played the part really well! :)
http://pineapple-ish.blogspot.com.au

Sienna R. said...

Wow, such an awesome photoshoot~! Love your outfit~!

Unknown said...

U sure look the part,the pulled off the look very well.Your jacket looks cool

Women's Wedges

Noemi Sorace said...

Wow! I like your outfit :) Thanks for your comment on my blog.. I follow you,returns if you want.. Kisses

voguemybible.blogspot.com

Janna said...

Thanks! Awesome change of style, really like it :) I'll soon answer your letter, but at the moment I'm quite busy. x Janna

Project Curve said...

you look awesomely cool!

Count To Four said...

wow amazing photos! and you look great as well :)

http://www.counttofour.com

http://www.counttofour.etsy.com

Viola said...

Gorgeous photos!!! Love!

caughtinvogue.blogspot.com
xx

stylefrontier said...

you look amazing!
love the photos!
xoxo
style frontier

ashy said...

oooh, my biker babe! that striped jacket n cobalt blue look is awesome!
striking pics as usual )
~ashy
http://thezingofmylife.blogspot.com/