March 28, 2012

What I did this Weekend!

I went to my farmhouse in the woods this weekend, away from the hustle and bustle of city life! I spent all my time eating, sleeping, and staring into space

As in the poem, 'Leisure'

WHAT is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare?—
No time to stand beneath the boughs,
And stare as long as sheep and cows:


I bet W.H. Davies would have been very  happy with me! Because, trust me, I did nothing productive.
Well, except for taking pictures:(Sheepish grin)


I Watched sunlight flicker in and out of the Red and Green leaves..




Then I waited, motionless, for little mommy-bird to come out...and get food for her chicks..


Arranged pretty white flowers(of what name I know not) in a wine glass..


Longed for coconut water but I was too bored to climb the tree(trust me, I am quite capable)!


Assembled my bird watching gear(my camera and the mat) , took off my glittery pink chappals, and tried to keep still. I ended up clicking my own stuff on the ground instead of the birds on the trees .... they stayed well beyond the 200mm range of my camera! I am too mobile for my own good(Sigh!)



Then I watched little flower saplings blooming to life with the friendly neighbourhood sprinkle irrigation pipe..



And Picked tomatoes of all ages, sizes and colours- I do not discriminate!


In the evening,  I dipped my feet in the gushing river..Ice cold!


The next day, this crane paid me a visit when I was lazing in the porch...

My first bird pictures!


Afterwards, I willingly stationed myself in front of one of the cold-water sprinklers in the afternoon heat! Delicious!


Cheers, readers!
I am back to the city and loving it :)
Lots of Love,
Shubhi!

4 comments:

Bulbul vishwakarma said...

Very pretty pictures!!

Butterfly... :) said...

You are an awesome photographer girl!! <3 I love ALL the pictures!! :) And your first bird pictures are really awesome!! :D Hehe!! :) Hope you had fun!

Xoxo.
Surabhi.

Shubhi said...

You do leave the most adorable comments Saurabhi!:) thankyou soooo very much! Yes I tried real hard to get them!

love,
Shubhi!

Rahul said...

LOved the first and third pics..:-) Well done..