August 10, 2012

DIY:Jewel Basket



 Greetings, Readers!:) 
I had this unpainted, unfinished cane toy basket-on-wheels lying about for the longest time...So i decided to turn it into a jewellery container!


So I set about finishing it a bit. I painted it from handle to wheel, and what's more, decided to take some fashion inspiration while colouring it! 


I have been quite fascinated by this cover of L'Officiel's Spring Issue ..the colours are so dreamy! So I adapted them (prints and all) to my jewel basket the best I could!






 I pretty happy with the end result! Gave it about 2 coats of acryllic paint, and had to keep re-doing the edges because they kept on getting on another colour!


Currently holding: Few necklaces from here and there, and my favourite I love you pearl bracelet!




Have a Happy Weekend Guys!
Love,
Shubhi!

7 comments:

Maiken said...

wow, this is super adorable! I love it! the colour, the pattern, everything. you've done an amazing job :)

Maiken,
Maikeni blogi - part of me

Unknown said...

You are so creative! This is very pretty :)
www.simplysiyaam.com

Pratishtha Durga said...

Hey, that's quite a cute DIY. Love these sweet things lying around the house...

Jasmin said...

this is so cute dear! i love your photos :)

http://jasmintriestoblog.blogspot.com/

~ M ~ said...

Good job.. I love the tiny floral bits u painted! :)

Michelle said...

What a cute DIY - I love it! It's adorable... wish I had one.

Keit said...

It's so adorable, can you make me one? :D