August 27, 2012

DIY: Thread and Heart Necklace


This is a simple DIY necklace I made the other day..
You can use any trinket or locket you have,the heart is from a broken chain!




You will need:

1)Hair Pin- Golden or Bronze

2)Three Colours of embroidery floss or thread

3)A pendant of your choice!










Bend the pin open with a pliers, and also bend its edges outwards as shown in (2).

Cut the threads slightly longer then the length required to go around your head..I used a double strand of each colour..

Braid the threads for a small length(4), and then simply knot them at regular intervals(5)!

Attach thee thread-braid at the pin-end and secure with fabric glue(6)!

I kind of made this a bit carelessly, we want the end result to be slightly rustic looking..



How did you like this DIY? Its simple, right? And I think it would go amazingly well with a nautical look-maybe you can substitute an anchor pendant for the heart?

And ooh. Before I forget! You can find me today at http://m-scribbles.blogspot.in/2012/08/long-day.html I wrote a guest poem on her blog! She is a dear friend of mine!:)

Love,
Shubhi!

15 comments:

Deepika said...

I love DIYs :). Love the necklace easy and unique!

Following you :)

Love,
Deepika
http://musicphotographyfashion.blogspot.in/

Vix said...

You are so clever! That's a brilliant idea, simple but so effective! x

Pajama Diaries said...

Sweet.

danielle p. said...

i just love simple diy's! thanks for sharing!

Keit said...

Genius!!!!! O.O

Vale ♥ said...

Your DIY is very unique and lovely, I like it =)

Fashion and Cookies
If you want we could follow each other on gfc, bloglovin and facebook !
Fashion and Cookies on Facebook
Follow me on Bloglovin

Vale ♥ said...

Thank you for your nice reply, glad you want us to follow each other, I am now following on Google Friend Connect, Bloglovin and also Facebook, hope you can follow back on them all =) Kisses and take care <3
Fashion and Cookies
Fashion and Cookies on Facebook
Follow me on Bloglovin

Male said...

I love your DIY!
http://ponerleonda.blogspot.com.ar/

lidavinnikova said...

the result is great)
Love your blog & hope you'll follow me back.
WatchMyBlogHere

SJ said...

hey Shubhi, its an awesome necklace. Totally loved it,, ure quite creative!!!


www.styledestino.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

this is absolutely stunning! and so creative! btw, lovely blog <3
please check out my blog as well and if you'd like, follow me and ill follow you back (;
www.yestoofashion.blogspot.com

Agnieszka Korzeniewska said...

thank you for your nice comment! nice outfit! kiss!

Unknown said...

thank you for you cute comment
I like your DIY :)

Xoxo

http://mymelroseavenue.blogspot.com.es/

Lara said...

Lovely necklace :)
x

Project Curve said...

nice diy..i have a pendant lying around..got it fom romwe but the chain is too small to put over my head..