May 11, 2013

Style Influence: My Fair Lady

'My Fair Lady' is my favorite movie of all time. For those of you who've watched it, it is impossible to forget the cockney, loud-mouthed Eliza(played superbly by Audrey Hepburn) making an entrance at the Ascot, primly and beautifully turned out, for the first time, as a lady!

This costume itself is iconic. It got Cecil Beaton a Tony Award for Best Costume Design in 1957. It is amazing to observe how fashion forward this dress is, for those times! It incorporates the startling combination of white lace and striped black and white trimmings. It is bodycon, without looking overtly so. It exudes elegance and grandeur. And the hat-No words to describe that gorgeous, over-the-top creation!

Are you inspired? Well then, scroll down and see some modern day interpretation..




mfl5




mfl4

my fair lady3





White Lace, Ruffles, Bows, Black and White Stripes, and a little big of Floral thrown in..
And here are a few accessories!


mf6



Images from:
http://www.hotelfashionland.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/my-fair-lady.jpg
http://www.christopherriordan.com/AscotPic4.jpg







Do you like My Fair Lady? And if you haven't watched it yet, you should do so this weekend! It is hilarious; A classic not to be missed!

Love,


3 comments:

Sophie said...

the costume design for the film is beautiful! i love how smart the men look. have a great weekend xxx

I left my heart in Miami

Vix said...

The costume design was utterly magical, wasn't it?
I adore your contemporary take on it. x

Project Curve said...

i can see you in that dress in one of your magical photos!


Win Something

Awesome Of Your Choice From Oasap

A birthday giveaway!
Enter it and make me happy.