May 07, 2013

Hair Experiments in Bohemia

My life in the last week seems to have gone through a 180-degree shift. Is it because of a new job or maybe a new relationship? No. It is because I got side swept bangs. You heard me!

Now I come under the category of people whose hair is sympathetically handled by hairdressers. 'You should try a different conditioner', they say sadly, with a glazed look in their eyes.  Well, most hairstylists out here just don't get hair that isn't long, sleek, black and shiny. So I was always the girl who looked wistfully at other girl's gorgeous fringed hairstyles, too afraid to ask for it on my own wavy to curly hair.

Until I realized I had a pair of world class hair-cutting scissors and my head, both safely reposing in my closet!  And this magic video. And the rest is history!







Moral of the story is: Everything looks more amazing with bangs. ponytails, braided hairstyles, the simple two-side hair pin, the milkmaid braid I've tried out in this post, everything. I could easily overlook the frantic fear I face of my bangs getting out of place in the wind while sitting in a bus, or the need to carry a tiny comb around!

This fantastic DIY video explains this easy braided hairstyle, it took me exactly four minutes to do! Its perfect for summer, keeps all your hair where it should be-on top of your head!

Also, my love story with head flowers continues. I was so happy to find a hamper full of flowers, c/o Ayesha from their 'Purple Haze' collection, at my doorstep! Ayesha has an amazing range of unique and quirky hair accessories. They will definitely appeal to the Bohemian in you! And they are so affordable too!

Outfit Details:
Skirt- Causeway, last worn here
Shirt- United Colours of Benetton
Head Flowers Assortment- c/o Ayesha Accessories.

Love,



16 comments:

Vix said...

I must try it as it looks phenomenal on you! Your new side-swept fringe is gorgeous and I love your skirt! xxx

SS said...

It looks amazing on you :D Wish it would suit me too :(
xoxo <3

www.littlemisssinner.com
www.youtube.com/MsShanayaSinner

Tabet said...

Hey Shubhi,
great outfit! I love your skirt and the blouse!
Love

http://wolkedrei.blogspot.de/

SR said...

Love the look shubhi... it totally suits u!
http://pineapple-ish.blogspot.com.au/

Anonymous said...

lkooking great...love the bangs :)

Sonshu said...

I absolutely love the milkmaid braid. You look stunning with the bangs and the flowers :D

<3
Sonshu
www.thesonshu.com

ThefashionFlite said...

I love these bangs ! They suit u so much!Ah ! and those flowers ,I am gonna check this video out now.
✿thefashionflite
✿twitter
✿Bloglovin
✿FaceBook
Enter my Vedette Shapewear Giveawayy

Keit said...

Hahah, absolutely agree with you girly! Everything looks shinier with a braid or flowers, or headbands. They helped me through my difficult pixie growing phase :D

Love that skirt!

Laura Jones said...

your hair looks really nice, love the flowers added to the heidi braids:-) x

Marisa Noelle said...

Wow - you really look stunning! The braids and flowers are perfection on you...and I completely agree, I actually never walk out of the house without some kind of accessory on my head because they do make everything a bit prettier :-) Gorgeous photos and skirt too!

xo Marisa

Unknown said...

It looks amazing on you!!! I love the flowers on your hair too, so gorgeous!! I remember people told me bangs would never suit my face too (I guess it's too round?), but everyone said I looked way better once I had them cut

xx
Sophisticated Lace

Project Curve said...

you look fab..there was a time i cut my own bangs too..and the flowers in your hair are perfect..

Sayantani Saha said...

So pretty! Love the hair!

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

Gorgeous colors! The flowers are exquisite!


P.S. Come on over to my blog Take only Memories to win an iPad Mini! Good luck :) xx

J said...

Your bangs look great! I love your skirt :)

xxLiora
i-wasnt-there.blogspot.com

Christina said...

These photos are stunning Shubhi! So so beautiful!