September 04, 2016

Old Rose


I have always been fascinated with Botanical prints. To think of the years, before digital photography and advanced technologies, where Botanists painfully documented every petal, stamen, node, and root of a plant specimen, carefully recreating its colour, texture and form to document various species!

Tried recreating a Victorian tea party look, and blending natural illustrations with it, for this post. As for the outfit, I picked this dress in a flea market in Shillong (Which, by the way, is the best place to shop, ever!), back in December last year. The clip is from a surprising store here in Hyderabad, which looks like a suspect garish accessory store on the street, but is crammed full of the prettiest headbands, hair clips, bracelets, necklaces, bags, ear-cuffs, and accessories I couldn't even name!







Besides, I'm whiling my days doing up my new space, finding old treasures in all my stuff and bringing them back, and trying to curb urges to online shop. 

What have you been upto?

Love,
Shubhi







2 comments:

Rupa said...

After so many days!!! Welcome back. You look lovely Shubhi.

Jenny’s Bicycle-Indian Fashion Blog!!

Shubhi said...

:) Thanks Rupa!
Love.