April 08, 2012

My Tree of Life

I'v always been fascinated by the Tree of Life design, and whenever I have to make a painting, it is this motif that first comes to mind!

So it was no different a case when I decided to make this one...to hang up in my room!

I painted the tree first...it looked all sinister! Then I added in the pastel background and the fleecy little clouds ;)



A few close ups...though I am no Van Gogh! (Who is my favourite painter by the way!)



The canvas is pretty large, about 2.5 by 4 feet, which is in fact the largest canvas I'v painted to date!
But it was totally fun, though it took a tad too long.


My room has always been warm-coloured, with reds, yellows and greens, and I suddenly found myself with this huge painting in cool pastel hues of pink and blue!

A quick change in my bedcover did the trick;)

It is lavender and pink polka dots, and the dots exchange colour with the background when reversed!
I think its supercute!




Do leave your comments on my painting!
<3
Shubhi!

4 comments:

Chp_dzn said...

Beautiful! :O <3

Tarang Sinha said...

Really beautiful painting!:)

Megha Sarin said...

WOW! Love the panting <3

love
http://www.meghasarin.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

you are an amazing artist! thank you for the nice comment on my blog! following you too!

Hey
Thank you for accepting my friend request!

It would be my pleasure if you could check out my blog and follow me, I would love to do the same too.

http://huesmuseandviews.blogspot.com/