December 19, 2013

Travel Post: The Pink City

 













My Jaipur trip was surreal. Jaipur has this ethereal royal beauty, that must be experienced, to be truly imagined. The walled city markets, abound with a treasure-tove of  things to be bought by the over-excited me, romantic old palaces and forts of delicate grandeur, cold moonlight December nights, and a general atmosphere of royalty, and an old culture well preserved.

The best part was, that I attended a wedding of a friend whilst I was there. Weddings in Rajasthan are a flurry of non-stop activity, celebration, and finery. The days passed by in a haze of merrymaking. And yes, dancing on the streets as the Groom's 'baarat' (procession) was super fun!

The pictures don't even capture half of it. But I hope you get a little peak through my eyes, anyway :)

You can view my other Travel Posts here.

Love.

8 comments:

Vix said...

Breathtakingly beautiful! I adore your photos and am delighted you had a great time in Jaipur. xxx

Abhilasha said...

Stunning!!! I am going next week :)

Unknown said...

beautiful pictures.. First picture and those with pigeon is awesome...

Keit said...

Lovely ^_^ I've always wanted to visit their markets ^_^

Dayle Pereira said...

Beautiful shots :) Jaipur is so amazing in the winter!

Project Curve said...

wow!

Unknown said...

I love your picca's Shubi, so lovely and pretty.

Have a great day ahead.

xoxo
Yati
yatiinoah.blogspot.com

Priyanka Sacheti said...

Just stumbled upon your blog today - and loved this post...gorgeous pictures:)