March 14, 2013

DIY : Purse Primping



 This purse was street shopped in a local market. It had been lying around in my closet for sometime, and I decided to give it a face lift .  It already had this pretty braid all around it, so all it needed was some painted-on Polka dots!




Materials: Brush, Acryllic/Fabric Paints in the desired shade.

It is important to note that the shade of polka dots you choose can make or break the new look of your bag. I decided to go for this dreamy, almost neon pink shade(That I got by mixing two shades)   , which has (thank heavens)  ended up looking preppy and fun!
Another colour, like perhaps red, would have looked boring and predictable.

Another tip: Choose a plain bag, with not too many embellishments or buckles.

Too many instructions?  Never mind. Just do your thing, clip on a flower or a bow, and you have your own unique DIY primped purse!

 I apologize that I haven't been replying to blog comments off late..It is unforgivable of me! But I've been so swamped(Preparing for design interviews), that the posts are just getting auto-published from my drafts...I'll be back full swing next week!

Love,

5 comments:

SS said...

I cannot describe how much im in love with this DIY :D
xoxo <3

www.littlemisssinner.com
www.youtube.com/MsShanayaSinner

bianca said...

looks very cute like this :)

x
http://www.worryaboutitlaterr.blogspot.com

Vix said...

I love what you did! what a clever idea. x

Unknown said...

cute idea :) thanks for sharing!

Mili from call me, Maeby

Aditi SoSaree said...

WOW..this is sooo beautiful..!
Love it absolutely. Spring back soon.

Aditi
So-Saree
www.sosaree.blogspot.in
New Post Up