July 31, 2012

Why I Love the Monsoon


 Here in India, we have a thriving Monsoon season for four lovely months of the year! And the dark rainy clouds do a nice job of covering up a hot blazing peak-summer sun! What bliss!

I experienced this when I was on a flight recently...As the plane took off from what was a lovely dark day, and climbed higher in the sky...higher, through the clouds...and Bam! There the blinding Sun was! I had to shut my eyes for a second to get used to the light! Thank God for the clouds:)

I got a bit poetic about it too:D


"It feels like morning all day..
without a clock you'd be lost!
no hint of time till the cloudy night makes its way..
Ahh, I love the monsoon!"



So here's why:

Fresh Fruits, Fresh everything!


I don't have to water the plants in my window!


Monsoon Sales at all the shops..Ooooooh:D How cool is this design on this tee-shirt?


Storms lashing in the trees and the wind whistling in my window...exciting:D


New black rainy shoes that I can slip into, wherever I go, without thinking!



Neon umbrellas everywhere..



 My very-outdoorsy cat stays at home all the time because she hates water!



 Everywhere  I look-Greeeeeeeen!






I've been doing a lot of DIY projects lately...since I am indoors most of the time! Gotta take pictures and show them to you asap:) Stay tuned..


Love,
Shubhi!



17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beatiful cat!!!

www.galaxyunicorn.blogspot.com

Janna said...

It's just great you make the best of the monsoon :D x

Living in the fairy tale said...

cherries, yum *-*

Vix said...

I'd love to experience the monsoon properly. I've just been in India during bad storms leading up to it, it must be so exciting...not for the kitties, though!
Is the electricity shortage not affecting you in Mumbai? x

Unknown said...

Sounds lovely, our summer here in Ireland is pretty much monsoon everyday and most of the other seasons too:(

Lovely pics

Xnicki

Juneli said...

Those are reason enough to love the monsoon!! Lovely pictures!
Thanks a lot for stopping by and commenting!
Love
Juneli from Fashionably Yours

DAFASHIONFREAK said...

Such a beautiful post!

*hugs*
-Maudleen
www.dafashionfreak.blogspot.com

Sadie Dear said...

How lovely- you make even a monsoon look like something to look forward to! Monsoon sales? Take me there!

ThefashionFlite said...

Monsoon looks so enchanting,its been raining here too,and the weather is just perfect ! You have a lovely pet shubhi !
✿thefashionflite
✿twitter
✿Bloglovin

SS said...

Heya ! lovely post !
im frm mumbai as well, which part of mumbai are you frm?
xoxo

http://littlemisssinner.blogspot.in/

Keit said...

Hahahha, I love storms ^_^ My kitty hates them too :D

Maiken said...

such a cool post! I really enjoyed going through all the photos and your remarks. and wow, that tee looks truly amazing for sure!

Maiken,
Maikeni blogi - part of me

Heather said...

How cute is your fur baby!? Love it!

XO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

stylefrontier said...

lovely photos!
i like cherries!

xoxo
style frontier

Carolyne O' said...

Adore these pics and the cat is so sweet <3
Xoxoxo babe

Carolina

www.the-world-c.blogspot.com

Pratishtha Durga said...

Well Shubhi, you forgot to include hot tea and fritters that we Indians are addicted to in Monsoons...

I love the rains too, and all things tat come with them, except the dirty puddles, broken roads and flus, of course.

FashionPhD said...

What a sweet cat you have!! :) also loving the cat t shirt