May 08, 2012

Bow Tie!

I have always been a fan of bows in general...bows on bags, on hairbands, on dresses, shoes....the list is endless!
And so when I found this clip bow tie in Lifestyle, I jumped at it!

Its silky, pretty, has pink polka dots. What more could a girl want? *sigh*



Worn with black lace vest-Ginger
Denim Shorts(Not seen!)
Lip Crayon by Victoria's Secret-Vintage Wine


Bow tie and Berry Lips!

Okay, now for some information of note. I am a geek sometimes!
"   The bow tie originated among Croatian mercenaries during the Prussian wars of the 17th century: the Croat mercenaries used a scarf around the neck to hold together the opening of their shirts! Do you mean there were no buttons back then?:o


 This was soon adopted (under the name cravat, derived from the French for "Croat") by the upper classes in France, then a leader in fashion, and flourished in the 18th and 19th centuries.

Bow ties tend to be associated with particular professions, such as architects, finance  attorneys,university professors, teachers, waiters and politicians.

 Pediatricians frequently wear bow ties since infants cannot grab them the way they could grab a tie and they do not get into places where they would be soiled or could, whether accidentally or deliberately, strangle the wearer.  haha!:)

Clowns sometimes use an oversize bow tie for its comic effect. haha, do I look like one?
Bow ties, or slight variations thereof, have also made their way into women's wear, especially business attire. We don them for spring fashion, yeah!;)  "
XOXO
You may recall seeing this bow-tie here!

One more thing...I need your opinion!
I wanted to change my blog Header, so I thought I would use this pic! What do you think?
Shubhi's Revels Header

Please please let me know! 

Do leave comments<3

Lots and lots of love,
Shubhi!


33 comments:

Anca said...

This is such a cute bow! I think even people who aren't necessarily bow lovers can appreciate this :)

http://www.101fashionstreet.com/

Rebecca Clairine said...

cuteeee bow !!
lovely colour <3

xoxo,
Rebecca
http://rebeccaclch.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

that bow is too cute, and the header picture is beautiful!

-Jessica
http://runninginsideus.blogspot.com/

Marcela Gmd said...

Beautiful!!!
Thank you so much for your comment!!
I follow you now!
Hope you follow me back
Have a good week!

Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

Anonymous said...

Shubhis revels on the picture 'bow tie and berry lips' will look great!
Your Blogs are getting better and better. Excellent work! keep it up.
\m/ (O_o)

Unknown said...

I love bows as well!! they are so cute:) And of course we can follow each other! Following you!

katie said...

I am so with you, I am such a sucker for bows and this one looks fun and fantastic!

sonia // daring coco said...

I'm not a huge fan of bows but I do like the one your wearing, I love the polka dot print and it looks amazing on you!

Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a wonderful week!
SDMxx
http://daringcoco.blogspot.com.au/

Nidhi Mahajan said...

Nice blog! Love the bow tie and your make up in this post! I also loved the Eiffel tower post! So pretty!

Visit me
❤ Fabulous Little

Unknown said...

thanks for your visit...if you want we can following each other!!! kiss http://comeduegoccedacqua.blogspot.it/

nik said...

Hi! Thanks for your nice comment! I really like your blog! The photos are great! The bow is super cute! I think the new blog Header with this photo will be very pretty! You look beautiful on them:)
xx nik

Unknown said...

thanks a lot!!!!!!! i'm following you now and i wait you back on my blog!!!

marykapsi said...

Wow wow wow You look gorgeous!
Vote for me on fashiolista contest!
MaryKapsi for TheFashionGuitar
MaryFashionLove

Maria Flicka said...

I love bows too, especially on hairbands, and on dresses, they are so pretty :)
You look adorable with yours!
I think that pic of you, will look AWESOME on your blog header ;)
Lovely blog, maybe you want to follow each other, on GFC and bloglovin? I'll follow you back for sure :)

Have a great day!

x♥x♥

"Dicas de saúde, beleza, e exercício físico"



Maria Flicka said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comment :)
You said you were following me but I can't see you on my followers list :(

x♥x♥

"Dicas de saúde, beleza, e exercício físico"



Maria Flicka said...

Thank you sooooo much!!!! I’m following you back now on GFC ;D
And on bloglovin(#9)
I'd be very honoured if you would follow there too :D

x♥x♥


"Dicas de saúde, beleza, e exercício físico"



Marcela Gmd said...

Hi lovely, I can't see you on my followers list :(

Inés said...

Love your bow!!! Following you dear. I hope you can visit and follow mine too.
Kisses from Perú
Inés
http://enisdaba.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

thanks for stopping by my blog! would love to follow each other : )

xo SideSmile,
Ashley

Jan said...

The bow tie looks so cute! :)

xo,
janmloves.blogspot.com

Jan said...

Oh, and... new follower! :)

Unknown said...

omg LOVE. this is too cute :)
would you like to follow each other?
A
xx
http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment . Love your bow , Mind if we follow each other ? And yes in blog loving too (: Since I'm new there !

Irene De Giorgio said...

really beautiful, like your blog, if you want we can follow each others!

FASHION SINNER
FACEBOOK FANPAGE

Simone Crown said...

Bows are the best!
And I already like the header you are having now!

Thanks for your lovely comment btw!
And yes, let's follow each other!
You can follow me on twitter or bloglovin ;)

Kisses from Austria,
Simone

Arika Yasmine said...

Nice bow tie you wore...
Looking nice :)

Follow my blog at
www.arikayasmine.blogspot.com

My Unfinished Life said...

never tired bowties myself..but this looks so gud on you :)

http://sushmita-smile.blogspot.in/

HEIDI said...

such a cute bow tie and thanks for the background info on bows! enjoyed it! would love it if you also checked out my blog and let me know what you think.

xx heidi
life full of loves

Yessica said...

So cute!! =D

Nathalie Kartika Putri said...

Cute bow! you look lovely dear :)

natzcracker

Unknown said...

Cute bowtie!

xo Ashleigh

www.thedaileigh.com

Megha Sarin said...

You look cute and this bow top is so cute <3

love
http://www.meghasarin.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Wearing Bow is good unique Fashion for women.

Devika
Funnny Tees